The Air Still Water Purification System is as simple to operate as your kitchen kettle. It has a four litre total holding capacity and is more efficient than other models sold in Canada. Who knew that so many people were interested in water purification or essential oil extraction?
For more information on this ingenious appliance you can go to the Still Spirits website: http://stillspirits.com/products/turbo-air-still
Check out the list of available Still Spirits Top Shelf flavours.
Barley, Malt & Vine now carries the FastFerment Conical Fermenter. Check out the video and then stop in to the store to take a look.
Eliminate 80% of sanitizing and cleaning with this all-in-one fermentor. Conduct all stages of fermentation in this single vessel. Remove the trub from the bottom of the fermentor instead of transferring all your liquid to secondary. No siphons, no secondary fermentor to sanitize, no extra bungs and airlocks.
FastFerment produces dramatically clearer, better results. Start each batch cleaner by letting debris settle out into the collection ball before pitching your yeast! Remove the debris, and pitch into ultra-clear beer. Plus, FastFerment minimizes the risk of oxidation and contamination, preventing off-flavors and infection. Keep your batch safe from external spoiling factors by keeping it in one place.
- Easy Cleaning and Batch Stirring - 6" (15cm) removable screw top
- Total Capacity 7.9 US Gallons/ 30 Litres - Made for 5 Gallon batches with blow offs
- Easy Wall Mounting System - Mounts to standard 16" (40cm) wall studs
- 33% Bigger Valve for Increased Flow Rate - 1" (2.5cm) Bottom valve compared vs. 3/4" (2cm)
- Collection Ball for Yeast Harvesting - Save $100's & harvest your Yeast Strains!
- Temperature Monitoring Capabilities - ThermoWell included - Thermometer Available.
Attention Hard Cider Lovers!
Many of you already know just how good our Sparkling Hard Apple and Pear Ciders are, but did you know that Mangrove Jacks other Craft Series Sparkling Hard Cider Kits in an array of flavours to suit everyone?
All these ciders are now GLUTEN FREE!
Apple Cider: The taste of delicious orchard apples, light and crisp with a juicy apple bite. Enjoy any time, chilled or on ice. ABV: Approx 5.2%; Style: Sweet; Colour: Gold
Pear Cider: From the juiciest pears comes the best pear cider. This cider has a sweet mellow pear flavour which satisfies any thirst. ABV: Approx 4.7%; Style: Sweet; Colour: Clear.
Strawberry/Pear Cider: Fresh strawberries coupled with juicy pear. This cider is sweet and fruity, especially good when served chilled on a hot summer's eve. ABV: Approx 4.7%; Style: Sweet; Colour: Pink.
Mixed Berry Cider: A sweet apple base with a refreshing burst of summer berries including delicious raspberries and blackcurrants. Serve over ice. ABV: Approx 5.6%; Style: Sweet; Colour: dark pink.
Blueberry: An apple base provides a fruit forward flavour that is well-balanced with a subtle sweetness of ripe blueberries; highly refreshing! ABV: Approx 5.2%; Style: Sweet; Colour: Blue.
Raspberry Lime: The colour for this cider is red. Starts off with bold flavours of fresh raspberries on the pallet finishing with a twist of line. Wonderfully thirst quenching! ABV: Approx 5.2%; Style: Sweet; Colour: Dark Pink.
Peach Passion: Light and fizzy combining both sweet and sour flavours. The sweet peach lifts the tangy passion fruit, making a very refreshing summer cider. ABV Approx: 4.8% Style: Sweet Colour: Warm Amber
Raspberry Mango Exploding with the taste of fresh raspberries with a subtle hint of sweet tropical mango. ABV Approx.: 4.8% Style: Sweet
Colour: Pale Pink
Each Mangrove Jack's cider variety has been formulated with only the freshest and best quality fruit which is then pressed and concentrated using state of the art evaporators, and then cold filled into a pouch.
All this effort ensures preservation of the natural flavour of the fruit, giving you cider which is fresh, crisp and especially good on a hot summer's day. If you don't like eating apples, just remember "a cider a day also keeps the doctor away". The Blueberry and Raspberry Lime ciders have been specially formulated for this market so you won't even find them on the Mangrove Jack's site!
All Mangrove Jacks Hard Cider Kits: $50 each (no tax). Yields 23 liters (6 US gallons) of sparkling cider. Ready to drink in 4 -6 weeks.
Please note that if you are making these ciders at home, we suggest that you use the following instructions to make your sparkling cider, not the ones on the pouch!
Mangrove Jack Sparkling Cider Kit Fermenting Instructions
2 stage Instructions.
While the instructions that come with the kit will work, we feel that the following instructions, utilizing a 2 stage process, and equipment more common in Canada, will yield a more consistently delicious product.
Use these instructions instead of the ones on the pouch.
To make this kit, you will also need:
· 1 kg Corn Sugar (Dextrose) for mixing.
· 300 g (2 cups) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) for bottling.
· Pressure safe bottles. (Plastic P.E.T, beer bottles with caps or sparkling wine bottles)
· Standard beer or winemaking equipment.
Original Gravity 1.040-1.048
Note: All equipment you are using should be cleaned and sanitized. A (pink) chlorinated detergent or Ecolox is recommended. (Use 1 teaspoon per litre of water.) Triple rinse everything.
Instructions for 23L:
1. Stand the pouch on a flat surface and carefully cut across the ’cut-line’ at the top of the pouch. Holding the base to stabilize it, remove the sachets from the ’dry’ compartment.
2. Add 3 litres of boiling water to the sterilized fermenter. Pour cider concentrate from the pouch into the fermenter, rinse out any remains using warm water and add to the fermenter. Stir well.
3. Add 1 kg of dextrose (corn sugar) and stir until dissolved. Top up to the 23 litre mark with cold water and stir well. (Ideal temperature for adding the yeast is 18-28̊C)
4. Sprinkle in the yeast and stir. Place the lid on top of the fermenter, (do not snap it down), and place it in an area where you can maintain a constant temperature of around 18-24̊C.
5. In approximately 12-24 hours you should see evidence of yeast activity on the surface of the cider. Allow the cider to ferment until the specific gravity reaches 1.015. (Usually 3-5 days). Now it is time to transfer (rack) the cider into the secondary fermentor.
Note: Neglecting to transfer at this time can be hazardous to your cider.
6. Gently syphon the cider into the secondary fermentor. Try not to disturb too much sediment. Make sure to tilt the primary to get all of the cider, but leave the heavy sediment behind.
7. Add some water to your air lock and attach it to yourfull carboy. Maintain the same temperature as before.
8. In about 7 to 10 days you will notice that the release of carbon dioxide gas through the airlock has slowed considerably or stopped completely. If it hasn’t, wait a few more days. If it has, the cider is ready to bottle. Rack the cider gently back into your sterilized primary fermentor. At this stage you might take a hydrometer reading to confirm that your cider is finished. S.G. reading should be between 1.005-1.010.
9. BOTTLING Boil 2 cups (300g) of corn sugar in 1½ cups of water on the stove. Gently stir this solution, along with the Cider Flavouring Pack , into your pail of cider so that it is mixed thourghly. Syphon the cider into your bottles to within 1½ inches from the top then cap them.
10. Keep the cider at room temperature (18-24°C) for 2-3 weeks. Next, move the cider to a cooler location and start to enjoy.
Note: If the cider ever seems under-carbonated at this stage, simply move it back to the warm area until it is properly conditioned. Most Apple or Pear cider will improve for a couple months in the bottles. Serve chilled and pour gently into a glass to avoid the light dusting of sediment that may have developed.
Belle Saison Beer Yeast
Belle Saison is an ale yeast of Belgian origin selected for its ability to produce great Saison-style beer. The propagation and drying processes have been specifically designed to deliver high quality beer yeast that can be used simply and reliably to help produce ales of the finest quality. No colours, preservatives or other unnatural substances have been used in its preparation. The yeast is produced in ISO 9002-certified plants.
• Classified as Saccharomyces cerevisiae • Top-fermenting yeast • Typical analysis of active dry strain: • Solids 93%-95% • Living yeast cells ≥5 x 109 per gram of dry yeast • Wild yeast <1 per 106 yeast cells* (Lysine method) • Bacteria <1 per 106 yeast cells* • Finished product is released to market only after passing a rigorous series of tests *According to ASBC and EBC methods of analysis
• Quick start and vigorous fermentation, which can be completed in 5 days above 17°C (63°F). High attenuation and high alcohol tolerance.
• Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation depend on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of wort.
• Low flocculation rate; settling can be promoted by cooling and by using fining agents and isinglass.
• Saison beers are quite unique to brew. During fermentation, cooling is not normally used, allowing temperature of fermentation to increase.
• Aroma is fruity, spicy and peppery due to ester and phenol production, and does not display undesirable odours when properly handled.